This is your recipe if you're looking for a gluten-free alternative to more traditional pancakes. It's loaded with healthy fats, slow-digesting carbohydrates, and fiber. All you need to do is add a protein source, and you'll be set.
- ½ cup sweet potato, mashed
- 2 whole egg
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp powdered Stevia
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp sugar-free maple syrup
- Combine the sweet potato with the eggs until fully mixed. Next, stir in the coconut flour, cinnamon, cloves, and stevia/brown sugar.
- Once combined, heat a griddle to medium heat and melt the coconut oil on top.
- Pour batter onto the griddle to make two large pancakes. Cook for 3-4 minutes on one side until edges are bubbling, and then flip and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- Serve topped with sugar-free maple syrup.