Whether you want to save a little cash, make just the right kind of yogurt for your taste buds, or have large quantities of a great protein source on hand, this simple recipe tells you all you need to know so you can do it yourself!
- 8 cup whole milk
- ½ cup yogurt with live cultures
- Heat the milk in a slow cooker on the "low" setting for 2-1/2 hours.
- Turn the slow cooker off and let the warmed milk rest for 3 hours.
- Add the yogurt to the milk and stir to combine. Cover the slow cooker with two heavy towels and let rest for 8-12 hours, depending on desired consistency. Refrigerate after set.
- Special Equipment: Slow cooker, Heavy towels to insulate slow cooker.