You'll love these fluffy, protein-packed chocolate baked doughnuts topped with a decadent dark chocolate glaze.
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 scoop Xtend Pro, Chocolate Lava Cake
- 2 tbsp unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp table salt
- 1 whole egg
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp truvia
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, protein powder, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, add the egg, yogurt, Truvia, milk, and olive oil. Mix well.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Gently stir together until a smooth batter forms.
- Spray a doughnut pan with nonstick spray. Pour the batter into a piping bag or large plastic storage bag. Cut off the end and pipe the batter into 6 spots in the donut pan.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. It is better to under-bake the doughnuts a little so they don't dry out.
- Let the doughnuts cool completely. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave. Dip each doughnut into the melted dark chocolate.
- Top with sprinkles, if desired. The doughnuts are also delicious with a bit of sea salt on top.