Although double chocolate chip muffins might not seem like the smartest breakfast choice, these muffins have a secret healthy ingredient: zucchini! This low-carb veggie adds moisture, depth of flavor, and extra nutrients to these ridiculously decadent chocolate muffins.
- 80 g Jamie Eason Signature Series Whey Protein Isolate
- ⅔ cup powdered Stevia
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup liquid egg whites
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp black chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat together wet ingredients.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients until just combined, then stir in black chia seeds or poppy seeds.
- Line cups of a muffin pan with paper, silicone, or foil liners, and lightly spray insides with cooking spray. Alternately, you can skip the liners and lightly coat the inside of each cup with cooking spray.
- Divide batter between cups, filling almost to the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick or knife comes out clean.
- Cool 10-15 minutes before attempting to remove liner. Enjoy with butter if desired.
- Note on almond flour: If subbing all-purpose or gluten-free baking blend, add 2 tbsp oil.