French fries are often a welcomed guilty pleasure, but the traditional potato kind come drenched in oil and loaded with salt. Get in your veggies and satisfy your craving with green bean fries!
- 2 cup green beans
- 1 egg
- 1 egg whites
- 1 cup low-fat parmesan cheese
- ⅔ cup whole-wheat panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Set oven to 400 degrees F.
- Beat eggs. Mix panko, parmesan, and seasonings together.
- Dip green beans in egg wash, then in parmesan mix. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or on a rack.
- Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce (BBQ sauce or Dijon or Greek yogurt-based ranch dressing).