These faux-fried chicken fingers are bread crumb, egg, and oil-free, and they're 100-percent delicious. With a boost of omega-3s in the form of walnuts and added protein with a coating of low-carb, baked Quest chips, they pack a texture and flavor punch that will rival the once-tempting, grease-covered fast-food staple!
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 2 bag Quest Nutrition protein chips
- ⅓ cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1½ tbsp organic honey
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp cumin
- Set oven to 400 F.
- Crush bags of Quest protein chips to create crumbs. Add the crumbs to a sealable bag.
- Add crushed walnuts to the sealable bag.
- In a bowl, mix mustard, honey, and cayenne.
- Slice the chicken breasts into tenders or fingers.
- Rub the mustard mixture over the tenders and ensure they're all covered. Careful not to drench the tenders in sauce because this will cause the crust to be soggy.
- Place the tenders in the sealable bag one by one. Gently shake the bag. Remove the tenders from the bag and place on a baking sheet or baking rack. The baking rack is preferred because it will leave all sides crispy.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes. Be careful not to let the crust burn. Remember, the chicken should cook a bit faster since the pieces are smaller.