If you need a warm meal on a cold winter night, this soup will fit the bill. It's rich in calcium, high in protein, and full of complex carbohydrates.
- 8 cup pumpkin, canned
- 4 large (3-1/4" dia) apple
- 2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1¼ cup table salt
- ¼ tsp, ground black pepper
- 4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Begin by pre-heating the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Next, toss the apples and olive oil in a large bowl, coating with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place on a large baking sheet and then roast for 30 minutes. Stir in the sage and continue to roast until tender and starting to brown.
- Place a third of the pumpkin and apple mixture in a blender and blend until smooth with 2 cups of the broth.
- Move this to a large pot and then continue doing this two more times with the remaining squash and apple mixture.
- Stir in the sage and continue to cook for another 5-10 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately.