This recipe from "Palm Sized Plan," by Matt Lovell (Buckingham Book Publishing, 2011), is a hearty meal that'll serve a handful of your friends for less than the cost of buying them each a round.
- 400 g lamb neck fillets, diced
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 3 onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 440 g tomatoes, canned
- 2¼ cup beef stock
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 400 g green lentils, cooked
- 4 bay leaf
- 1 whole lemon
- Trim any skin or excess fat from your meat.
- Cube the meat, put a pan on the stove, and place coconut oil in the pan over a medium heat.
- Add the garlic, onions, and spice, and stir until the onions soften.
- Stir in the tomatoes, stock, carrots, lentils, and bay leaves.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until the lamb is cooked.
- Drizzle lemon juice and zest just before serving.