With the stealth addition of cocoa and chipotle chili, this bean filling is so rich and smoky tasting that you won't miss the meat on taco night.
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 whole onion, finely diced
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 whole diced red bell pepper
- 2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 whole tomato, finely diced
- 1 whole plantain
- 2 tsp chipotle chili peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp, ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup cilantro
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 8 corn tortilla
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and salt and cook 5 minutes. Place bell pepper in pan and cook 2 minutes more.
- Add black beans, tomatoes, plantain, chipotle pepper, cocoa powder, cumin, and black pepper to the skillet and cook 2 minutes. Stir in cilantro and lime juice and remove from heat.
- Stir together yogurt and lime zest.
- To serve, top tortillas with bean mixture and dollops of yogurt.