This recipe is high in fiber as well as high-quality protein. It's easy to make and packed with micronutrients, so it's great to regularly incorporate into your diet. People often overlook chickpeas when planning a nutrition plan, but they're nutrient dense and go well in myriad recipes.
- 1 cup stalk celery, finely diced
- ¾ carrot, shredded
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 5 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 sweet potato, cut into cubes
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 3 cup low-sodium tomato sauce
- 1½ cup wild rice, cooked
- 16 oz chicken breast
- Heat a large casserole dish or pot over medium heat.
- Spray dish lightly with cooking spray and add carrot, onion, sweet potatoes, and mushrooms.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Add in garlic and cook for 30 more seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add the broth, tomato sauce, and chickpeas.
- Reduce to low heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add in the chicken, and cook for 5-10 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
- Serve immediately.