Ditch the cream of chicken soup, butter, and mayonnaise, and try this heart-healthy take on a family classic! It's good for your muscles and easy on your taste buds.
- 15 oz chicken breast
- 1½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 8 oz fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 2 cup quinoa and brown rice mix
- 2 cup broccoli
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ½ cup whole-wheat panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Set oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook chicken breasts in a nonstick skillet with no seasoning, or boil the chicken breasts in water. Tear the chicken into pieces and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix chicken, broccoli, brown rice, red onions, Greek yogurt, chicken broth, mozzarella, and Italian seasoning.
- Evenly divide among the jars or place it all in a large casserole dish.
- Top with wheat breadcrumbs or amaranth flakes.
- Bake for 25 minutes.