Cauliflower is the low-carb enthusiast's best friend. This recipe has all the savory, delicious flavors of regular hash browns for a fraction of the carbs. The vitamins and minerals in the spinach will help your body build muscle while staying lean.
- 8 oz cauliflower, chopped
- 1 whole egg
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tsp table salt
- 3 cup spinach
- 2 egg
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- Grate the cauliflower using a food processor or a cheese grater.
- Combine with shallot, 1 egg, and salt. Let sit 5 minutes.
- In a hot skillet, heat a little bit of olive oil and spread the cauliflower mixture in a thin layer.
- Sear cauliflower on medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes, until it starts to brown. Then, carefully flip and sear the other side.
- While cauliflower is cooking, bring a pot of water to a gentle boil with a tablespoon of white vinegar. Carefully crack eggs into the water and cook for 2 minutes at a gentle simmer.
- Wilt the spinach in a pan with a splash of water and a squeeze of lemon. Season to taste with salt.
- Plate the hash browns with wilted spinach, and poached eggs.