Before we broke bread and let football take over the holiday, simpler times made for cleaner food. Celebrate the paleo way!
- 1 cup brussels sprouts
- ½ cup onion, finely diced
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup, without pits cherries, chopped
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place skillet under medium heat and add coconut oil; once oil is hot, add onions and saute them until they start caramelizing (or turning brown).
- Add Brussels sprouts to the skillet and cook until tender.
- Toss in walnuts and cherries; cook for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- For dressing: melt honey in a small saucepan and add balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Mix to combine.
- Pour dressing over Brussels sprouts. Add sea salt and pepper on top (to taste).