Need a gluten-free, non-flour pancake breakfast? Who doesn't, right? Well, this delicious flapjack recipe is so good you'll want to make seconds. Or thirds. Or ... forget it, just make these cakes.
- ½ cup brown rice
- ½ cup skim milk
- ½ cup(s) vanilla whey protein powder
- ½ cup rice flour
- 1 serving 1 packet splenda, brown sugar blend
- 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp fat-free cream cheese
- 1 medium apple, red
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice apple and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon and 2 tbsp. Splenda. Place on baking tray and bake for 4-5 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, combine cooked rice, milk, rice flour, protein powder, 1/8 cup Splenda, applesauce, baking powder, oil, and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon in a bowl.
- Heat a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Pour batter onto skillet in small circles. Flip after 2-3 minutes or when edges begin to turn golden.
- Cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Once pancakes are done, smear with fat-free cream cheese and top with cooked sliced apples. Serve immediately.