Look, we'd be remiss if we just gave you a dozen sweet treats. This staple meal is a bodybuilder's go-to for gains down the road back to fit. The combo of salmon, brown rice, and broccoli is as classic as Arnold's physique. When seasoned correctly, it delivers a burst of flavor. This recipe will get you full, fit, and satisfied!
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- 2 tbsp fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tsp, ground black pepper
- 2 whole lemon
- 12 oz salmon, smoked
- 3 cup broccoli
- 3 whole green onion, chopped
- 1¼ cup flat-leaf parsley
- Prepare brown rice according to package directions.
- While the rice is cooking, preheat broiler.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine fat-free mayonnaise, lemon-pepper seasoning, and the juice of one lemon.
- Lightly coat a broiler pan with cooking spray. Place salmon fillets on the broiler pan (skin-side down) and brush lemon pepper sauce over the top. Broil salmon approximately 6 inches from the broiler until the fillets are cooked through and flake easily with a fork, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- While the salmon is broiling, steam the broccoli in a covered pan for 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir the green onion and parsley into the cooked rice.
- Place portions of salmon and rice on two separate plates along with a serving of broccoli. Top the salmon and broccoli with a squeeze of fresh lemon. Serve and enjoy!