White fish is a great source of protein, and you know you need more! Add the wonderful fats of avocado and a variety of spices and you have fish tacos that will carry you back to fit. This meal can get a little spicy—jalapenos!—but you can take it.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 fruit (2" dia) limes, raw
- 5 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp cumin
- 24 oz bluefin tuna
- 1 cup, pureed avocado
- ¼ whole onion, sliced
- 2 whole jalapeno pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 8 whole corn tortilla
- 8 leaf lettuce
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Combine olive oil, juice of 3 limes, 4 garlic cloves, and 1 tsp cumin in a shallow bowl or pie plate. Then add fish to this marinade and let it soak up the flavors for 15 minutes at room temperature, turning once after about 7 minutes.
- While fish is marinating, in a separate small mixing bowl, stir together the remaining lime juice, garlic, and cumin with diced avocado, onion, jalapenos and cilantro.
- Place marinated fish on hot grill and cook for approximately 5 minutes, then turn and grill for approximately 5 more minutes, until opaque throughout. Place cooked fish on a cutting board, let it cool slightly, then slice into thin strips.
- While the grill is still hot, place tortillas directly on it and grill them for about 30 seconds on each side.
- Place two tortillas on each plate. Put a lettuce leaf in each tortilla, fill with a portion of grilled, sliced fish, and top with tangy avocado salsa. Fold the tortillas over, serve and enjoy!