A great sloppy joe recipe.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- ¼ tsp, leaves oregano
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- ¼ tsp, leaves thyme
- ⅛ cup, chopped or diced peppers, hot chili, red
- 1 dash black pepper
- ⅛ tsp chili powder
- 4 pita, large (6-1/2" dia) whole-Wheat Pita Bread
- 1 can Ragu sauce
- Brown meat in a skillet and drain all fat.
- Pour Ragu cooking sauce onto meat and simmer for 5 minutes with oregano, basil, thyme, hot pepper, black pepper, and chili powder.
- Spoon into whole wheat pita rounds and serve.