Don't steer clear of big bad ground beef. Choose a lean variety and start experimenting!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp table salt
- ¼ tsp, ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp flour
- ¼ cup skim milk
- 1 can (10.75 oz) low-sodium cream of mushroom soup, condensed
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 cup spaghetti whole-wheat pasta
- Brown the ground beef, onions and mushrooms in a skillet with the olive oil.
- Add garlic, salt and pepper, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in milk, flour, soup, as well as Greek yogurt and cook for 2-3 minutes to allow flavors to distribute.
- Serve over top of noodles or cooked spaghetti squash.