Don't steer clear of big bad ground beef. Choose a lean variety and start experimenting!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup strips or slices carrots
- 1 cup stalk celery, finely diced
- 2 cup broccoli
- ½ cup snow peas
- 8 oz bean sprouts, canned
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cup spaghetti whole-wheat pasta
- Brown the beef in a skillet over medium heat.
- In a pot, boil the beef broth and water.
- Once boiling, add carrots, celery and snow peas, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add broccoli, bean sprouts and ground beef; cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Stir garlic and pasta and simmer over low heat for 8 minutes.
- Serve immediately.