Expand your flavor horizons by pairing protein-rich red meat with heart-healthy broccoli and antioxidant-packed blackberries. Why didn't we think of this sooner?
Sesame Beef And Broccoli Bowl Ingredients
- 24 oz lean flank steak
- 3 cup broccoli
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- ½ cup beef stock
- ½ cup light soy sauce
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 2 tbsp arrowroot flour
- 1½ tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp organic honey
- In a small bowl, whisk together beef stock, liquid aminos, ginger, sesame oil, arrowroot starch, and rice wine vinegar.
- Set a saucepan or small skillet on medium-high heat, and spray it with a little olive oil. Once the pan is hot, toss in garlic and blackberries. Sauté the blackberries for about 6-8 minutes, allowing them to explode under the heat. Using a spatula, gently mash down the berries, continuously stirring them so they don't burn.
- Add the bowl of sauce to the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium, and stir the sauce so it begins to thicken. If you want the sauce to be sweeter, add organic raw honey, and stir. Once the sauce is smooth, remove it from the heat and set it aside.
- Set a stir-fry wok or large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Once the wok is hot, toss in thin slices of beef and cook for about 4 minutes, or until the majority of the beef is no longer pink.
- Add diced bell peppers to the skillet, and stir quickly. Try to sear the bell peppers. Cook for about 3 minutes, then add the broccoli florets. Tip: If you prefer to have a sear on the veggies, remove the beef from the skillet before adding in the greens. Once the veggies are seared, add the beef back to the skillet.
- Cook the beef and broccoli together for about 5 minutes, and continue to stir with a spatula. Reduce the heat to medium, and pour in the sauce. Stir the mixture or shake and toss the food in the wok to ensure the stir fry is evenly coated in the sauce. Cook and stir for another 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds. Enjoy the stir fry with a serving of brown rice or quinoa.