If you're tired of your bowl of plain oatmeal or protein pancakes every morning, this recipe is for you! Banana cake donuts might sound like a major sugar bomb, but they're actually gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo-friendly, and grain-free. With so many healthy ingredients, you can enjoy these protein-rich donuts, guilt-free, anytime!
- 3 banana
- 4 large egg whites
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ⅓ cup Beast Sports Protein, Vanilla
- ⅛ cup honey
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp powdered Stevia
- 1 pinch table salt
Optional Cinnamon-Sugar Topping Ingredients
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend bananas and honey in a food processor until smooth.
- Add eggs, coconut flour, whey, oil, vanilla, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and stevia to the mixture in food processor.
- Puree until completely combined.
- Grease doughnut pans and pour ingredients into pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let donuts cool before you put on the optional topping.
- For topping: Mix together honey and melted coconut oil in a bowl.
- Mix cinnamon and coconut sugar together in a separate bowl.
- Once doughnuts have cooled, use a basting brush to spread on a thin layer of the coconut oil honey mixture, then sprinkle doughnuts with the cinnamon sugar on all sides.