This yummy dish clocks in at 8 grams of fiber per serving. The balsamic marinade is what makes this meal especially special. With its soothing, earthy flavor, your whole family will scarf it down without any complaints. It heats up great for lunch, too!
- 16 oz chicken breast
- 2 sweet potato, cut into cubes
- 1 parsnips, cut into cubes
- 1 onions, quartered
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- ½ tsp table salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar-free maple syrup
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients. Pour the marinade into a large resealable bag with the chicken. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (and up to overnight).
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray, or use a silicone baking mat with no cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the vegetables, oil, and rosemary, and toss to evenly coat.
- Arrange the vegetables in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet, and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Cook for 30 minutes until they begin to brown and soften.
- After 30 minutes, turn the vegetables with a spatula, and place the chicken in the center of the sheet. Discard the remaining marinade. Season the chicken with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper.
- Cook for an additional 28-30 minutes, or until the vegetables are fork tender and the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.