Breathe new life into this diner classic. By using tuna instead of fatty hamburger, you'll meet your protein macros without overloading on grease. The avocado base adds a creamy texture, and the Gruyere tops the whole sandwich off with gooey, cheesy goodness!
- 1 avocado
- 6 oz albacore tuna
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp table salt
- ¼ tsp, ground black pepper
- ¼ cup, shredded gruyere cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- Preheat oven broiler. Slice avocado in half lengthwise, remove the pit, and scoop out the flesh. Chop the flesh coarsely.
- Flake tuna into a bowl and mix with the chopped avocado, parsley, lemon juice, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Scoop tuna/avocado mixture onto a greased baking sheet and shape into patties.
- Broil for 5-8 minutes or until the patty’s edges start to golden, top with cheese, and broil again until cheese is melted (about 1 minute). Serve garnished with chives.