If you love apple pie, you'll certainly love this recipe. Instead of sugar and simple carbs, you'll get complex carbohydrates, lean protein, as well as healthy fat. It's a great way to start off the day.
- 1 whole apple, sliced
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup raw oats
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 2 tbsp walnut, pieces
- 1 dash cinnamon
- ¼ cup organic honey
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice apples and place in a bag or bowl with 1 tbsp brown sugar and cinnamon, stirring to coat.
- Place apples in a small baking dish.
- Combine oats, protein powder, walnut pieces, cinnamon, and 1 tbsp brown sugar.
- Once combined, drizzle honey over the oat mixture and stir to coat.
- Spoon mixture over the apples in the baking dish.
- Bake apples for about 20 minutes.
- When apple crisp is done, allow it to cool for five minutes and then top with Greek yogurt.