With fall quickly approaching, these apple-cinnamon doughnuts are quickly becoming a favorite of mine! I decided to bake these doughnuts instead of frying them, and it totally paid off. Not only are they healthier, they're also very moist and have the fluffy consistency of a cake!
- ½ cup flour
- 1 scoop(s) musclePharm Combat Powder (Cinnamon Bun)
- ¼ cup powdered Stevia
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 whole egg
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 cup, quartered or chopped apple
- 2 tbsp coconut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Mix whole-wheat flour, protein powder, Stevia, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- In a larger bowl, mix applesauce, Greek yogurt, egg, almond milk, honey, and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients to wet. Mix slowly until well combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Peel apple and slice into fourths, then cut each slice into small cubes. Fold apple into the batter.
- Spray doughnut pan with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Let doughnuts completely cool. Add cinnamon coconut butter to a small plastic sandwich bag. Cut the tip and pipe the coconut butter evenly onto the doughnuts.