|Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3|
Are you ready and motivated to achieve the body you want? Well if you followed part I, it is time to keep the progress rolling with some minor adjustment recommendations in part II. So let's get moving on to part II.
Believe it or not, a well-rounded diet is about 70-80% of your progress in achieving that leaner more muscular body. Now that we got ourselves into eating more smaller and frequent meals, update your dietary regime with the following suggestions:
1. Eat smaller more frequent meals. We are shooting for five or six small meals. If you are not there yet, add another meal. Our goal is to have you eating every 3 hours throughout the day.
2. Now that I got you used to eating more frequently, let's clean up the diet a little bit more by consuming the simplest and most natural food sources. Here are the types of protein and low-glycemic carbohydrate sources that I want you to choose from.
- Lean red meat (London Broil, Eye Round)
- Egg whites
- High Quality Protein Powder (Whey, Egg)
- Tofu (If you choose not to eat meat)
- Sweet potatoes
- Beans and other Legumes
- Brown Rice
- High-Fiber Cereals (Ex. Shredded Wheat, All-Bran, Oat Bran)
- Organic Pastas (use sparingly)
4. Continue to avoid simple sugars; substitute foods high in sugars for low glycemic, complex carbohydrates, and fibrous green vegetables. You can use artificial sweeteners.
5. NOW, instead of eating only protein and vegetables for you last meal, make it that your last 2 meals of the day consist of only a protein source and a green vegetable. Examples are broccoli, green beans, asparagus, zucchini, Brussels sprouts, etc. These vegetables will give you the recommended fiber you need daily, and also help speed up your metabolism. Also even though you will be eating a larger volume of food from the vegetables, the vegetables give you about 1/5 the calories of a regular carbohydrate. This will help to keep your progress moving nicely.
6. DRINK PLENTY OF WATER! Your homework last time was to build up to drinking a Â½ gallon. NOW, I want you to boost that water up to 1 GALLON A DAY!
7. Don't eat within 2-3 hours before going to bed.
Now, with the proper nutrition to build a foundation, your efforts in the gym will benefit greatly. Here are some key tips to get the most out of your training:
1. Follow the same rules as I told you in part 1. Continue to train with quality reps and quality form. This means peak contraction and full stretch with each rep in a controlled manner.
2. CHANGE YOUR ROUTINE! Remember the body responds only when there is a new stimulus put upon it. Change your routine by doing totally different exercises, sequences, and rep ranges. This will keep your body constantly quesing.
3. Try to complete your workouts within 45-60 min. If you are not, you need to stop talking, cut your rest intervals, and train more intensely.
4. Continue to train abdominals every other day.
5. Make sure you warm up! Make sure you stretch in-between sets, and after your workout!
6. Don't forget to train the calves. Now that you have been hitting them religiously (RIGHT!) start altering them rep range when training calves. One workout train them with moderate weight and reps around 15-20. Then the next workouts use a weight that you can train them in the 50-rep range. What a burn!
7. Keep motivated and remind yourself how good you are going to look each day that goes by.
With proper nutrition and training, now it is time to strengthen the heart, the most important muscle, and really burn off the fat. With your newfound cardio routine, we are going to kick it up a notch to really get that fat off.
1. I want you to now do cardio 4-5 times a week for 45 min on an empty stomach before breakfast, or right after training, at your fat burning target heart rate.
2. Work with in your fat burning heart rate zone. Take 220 minus your age. Take the number you get and keep your heart rate within 60-75% of that to burn fat. That is the fat burning zone I want to stay in for the 30-45 minutes of cardiovascular training.
Remember supplements are just that, supplements! They are to be used to compliment an already well balanced diet. Here are some that might help you achieving the body you want.
hmb, andro blend (for men only), high quality
I am going to add this section to the updates from now on. From my own experience, I can't stress enough how motivation, passion, and desire play a role in going after your dreams and goals. This drive is the only thing that will keep you from falling astray from your diet, and will also serve as an energy source when you have nothing else to give.
Every morning ask yourself the question, "WHY?" Keep on reminding yourself why you made the decision to get in shape. Each day this will serve to remind you also what the rewards are when you get where you want to be.
Make the adjustments as written from part I to part II. Until next time, train hard! Train smart, God bless!
If you have any questions or comments or would like to contact Chris for fitness modeling, customized Training/Nutritional Programs, or endorsements, please E-MAIL CHRIS ZAINO at CZ2000@aol.com.
|Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3|