I went through and listed out the areas of my body that I wanted to bring up to speed with the rest of my physique. This program would work well for anyone with similar flaws in their physique, or could be modified to address only some of the flaws. This is a four day split program that can be structured as a 4 days on, 1 day off schedule, or a 2 on, 1 off, 2 on, 1 off schedule.
The areas I feel need improvement and reasons for structuring the program are as follows:
- Weak upper chest - prioritize chest by putting it first in the workout order. Focus on upper chest by starting and ending with incline movements.
- Hamstring/glute tie-ins - focus on hamstrings by putting two hamstring movements first in my leg routine. Further focus on hams/glutes by lunging before squatting or pressing.
- Medial deltoids - add size to medial deltoids by performing lateral and front raises. Many people consider the front raise a front delt movement, but by keeping the palms down, this emphasized the medial delts.
- Lat. width - add lat width by performing two specific lat. exercises first in my workout.
- Obliques - add detail to my obliques by hitting them at all angles.
- Calf size - increase calf training frequency to bring up calf size. Hit both standing and seated versions to cover the gastroc. and the soleus.
- Deemphasize arm training - train arms with few sets at the end of the workout, as they are already a strong point.
I will also perform 30 minutes of cardio 3 times per week at 60 - 70% of max. heart rate. I keep my reps in the 8-12 range to focus on hypertrophy.
Hopefully this workout will help anyone suffering from the same imperfections that I am suffering from.
|Workout #1||Bodypart||Exercise Name||Sets||Reps|
|Day #1||Chest||Incline Barbell Press||5||8-12|
|Incline Dumbbell Press||3||8-12|
|Flat Barbell Press||3||8-12|
|Incline Dumbbell Flyes||3||8-12|
|Obliques||Hanging Oblique Leg Raises||3||Max|
|Day #2||Hams||Stiff Leg Deadlifts||5||8-12|
|Compound Legs||Smith Machine Split Squats||4||8-12|
|Calves||Standing Calf Raises||4||8-12|
|Seated Calf Raises||5||8-12|
|Day #3||Shoulders||Barbell Overhead Press||4||8-12|
|Dumbbell Arnold Press||3||8-12|
|Dumbbell Lateral Raise||3||8-12|
|Dumbbell Front Raise||3||8-12|
|Overhead Dumbbell Extension||3||8-12|
|Day #4||Back||Weighted Pullups||5||Max|
|Straight Arm Pulldowns||3||8-12|
|Rear Delts||Bent Over DB Flyes||4||8-12|
|Calves||Leg Press Calf Raise||4||8-12|
|Seated Calf Raise||3||8-12|
Other Workouts Of The Month:
January - Dumbell Workout
February - Four Day Split
March - Lower Body Slim-Down/Upper Body Mass Gaining
April - Get Back! Focus on Building Back Size
June - Advanced Program
July - For Advanced Bodybuilders
August - Precontest Program
September - Plateau Buster
October - Mass Gainer
November - Torso/Limbs Split System
December - Holiday Maintenance