Vitor Belfort's Dynamic Warmup
Trainer Jake Bonacci puts Vitor through a dynamic warm-up while focusing on lower body movement, range of motion, balance, and stability!
Find this video on the Video Network where you can leave comments, rate the video and download your own copy!
Part 1: Dynamic Warmup
See Video Above For Exercise Demonstrations.
- Walking Heel to Butt: 8 steps
- World's Greatest Stretch: 5 reps, each side
- Walkout: 4 reps, each side
- Lateral Lunge: 4 reps, each side
- Leg Cradle: 25 seconds, each side
- Straight-leg Lateral Step w. Resistance Bands (1 above knee, 1 above ankle): 8 steps, each direction
- Bent-leg (squatted) Lateral Step w. Resistance Bands: 8 steps, each direction
The following exercises are an example of a week circuit done by MMA Superstar Vitor Belfort in preparation for a big fight. Vitor alternates this strength and conditioning circuit with MMA technique training on the "off" days. The number of reps and sets as well as the amount of weight used for certain exercises are for example purposes.
When performing the following workouts one should consider his or her own current strength and fitness level. Workouts are intended to progress in weight, pace and intensity in order to build strength, flexibility and endurance. Gradually build up to higher reps, greater weights, and shorter rest periods.
- Day 1: General Conditioning
- Day 2: Upper Body Emphasis
- Day 3: Lower Body Emphasis
|Share This Article: