So, get your pen and paper ready because I am going to tell you everything that I did, and I believe if this plan is followed you can add as much if not more size than I did. This is no gimmick, this is the real deal but it will not be easy. For the next 8 weeks be prepared to lift heavy and eat a ton of food.
Nov. 6, 2000
Dec. 30, 2000
I made positive gains in each category. It has been great. I have few clothes that fit anymore. People have really taken notice to the changes I have made in my body. Well, let's get started ...
Let's start with the diet.
Well, this is a pretty easy thing to explain. Eat a lot. I eat every 2 ? - 3 hours whether I am hungry or not. I make sure that at least 75% of my meals are high in protein. You can substitute your meal with MRP's or protein shakes if you wish.
Food is where growing all starts. To me, food is more anabolic than any steroid on the market. If you eat you will grow but you have to force feed your body sometimes to do it. Here is my daily eating schedule:
- 5 a.m. - Workout
- 6 a.m. - Protein shake
- 7:30 a.m. - 4 strips of Turkey bacon, 2 bowls of cereal, Glass of milk or Juice
- 9 a.m. - 1 pack of grits or oatmeal sometimes 2 packs depending on how hungry I am & 1 cup of yogurt
- 12 p.m. - Lunch - eat anything I can and a lot of it
- 3 p.m. - 2 peanut and butter sandwiches or turkey sandwiches
- 6 p.m. - supper - same as lunch
- 9 p.m. - some high carb, high calorie snack (ice cream, cake, cereal, fruit etc.)
- 10 p.m. - protein shake right before bed
Notice that I will eat high calorie high fat foods right before bed. The reasoning for this is due to the fact I get up so early to train. Before I started doing this my workouts would be very sluggish but this has really helped give me a little pep in the morning.
The last part of the diet that is crucial is the water intake. I tried to take in at least a gallon of water a day on top of all the other fluids I take. This will keep your muscles full all day long which is what we want to do anyways. The only negative part about all this eating and drinking is the amount of time you will spend in the restroom.
I don't think that I could have made the gains that I did without these supplements. They work extremely well and I recommend that everyone at least give them a try. Here is the list of supplements I used:
- 4:45 a.m. - 2 Maxabol, 2 pregnenalone prior to workout
- 6 a.m. - 1 Methoxy-pro shake with 5g of Creatine mixed with it
- 11:30 a.m. - 2 Maxabol on empty stomach
- 10 p.m. - 1 Methoxy-pro shake with 5g of Creatine mixed with it
- 4:45 a.m. - 3 Maxabol, 2 pregnenalone prior to workout
- 6 a.m. - 1 Methoxy-pro shake with 10g of Creatine mixed with it
- 11:30 a.m. - 3 Maxabol on empty stomach
- 10 p.m. - 1 Methoxy-pro shake with 10g of Creatine mixed with it
Notice: Weeks 4-8 is when I made the most signifigent gains. I jumped from 209 pounds to 215 pounds in about 1-1/2 weeks. My gains started tapering off during the 7th week. I made the changes in my supplement intake based on the results I was seeing. If you start this cycle you must watch and listen to your body.
The Workout Program
The only thing to remember for this training routine is to go as heavy as you can and go balls out every rep and every set.
- Flat Bench - 3 sets: 6-8 reps
- Incline Bench - 3 sets: 6-8 reps
- Decline Bench - 2 sets: 6-8 reps
- Incline fly - 2 sets: 10-12 reps
- Barbell Curl - 3 sets: 6-8 reps
- Dumbbell Curl - 3 sets: 6-8 reps
- Preacher Curl - 2 sets: 8-10 reps
- Side Laterals - 3 sets: 8-10 reps
- Military Press - 3 sets: 6-8 reps
- Upright Row - 2 sets: 6-8 reps
- Rear Dumbbell Row - 3 sets: 8-10 reps
- Cleans - 3 sets - 6 reps
- Barbell Shrug - 3 sets: 6 reps
- Shurg Behind the Back - 3 sets: 6 reps
- Dumbbell Shrug - 3 sets: 10-12 reps
- Hammer Curls - 3 sets: 6-8 reps
- Reverse Barbell Curls - 3 sets: 8-10 reps
- Wrist Curls - 3 sets: 15-20 reps
- Wrist Twists - 3 sets: 20 reps
- Seated - 3 sets: 15 reps
- Standing - 3 sets: 15 reps
- On Footed Raises - 3 sets: 15 reps
- Leg Extension - 2 sets: 10-12 reps
- Leg Curl - 2 sets: 10-12 reps
- Squat - 3 sets: 6 reps
- Front Squat - 2 sets: 6 reps
- Dumbbell Squat - 2 sets: 8-10 reps
- Lunges - 2 sets: 8-10 reps
- Straight-Legged Deadlifts - 2 sets: 8 reps
- Chin ups (weighted) - 2 sets: 10-15 reps
- Deadlifts - 3 sets: 6 reps
- T-bar Rows - 3 Sets: 8 reps
- Dumbbell Rows - 2 sets: 8 reps
- Pulley Row - 3 sets: 8 reps
- Latt Pull Downs - 3 sets: 12 reps
- Close Grip Bench - 3 sets: 6 reps
- Nose Breakers - 3 sets: 8 reps
- Push Downs - 3 sets 8-10 reps
- Overhead Press - 2 sets: 6-8 reps
- Kick backs - 2 sets 8-10 reps
Well, that's about it. I tried to keep everything as simple and basic as I could. I am extremely satisfied with the gains I made on this routine. Up next, well I just got my order in of Nor-diol, Trib-Test, and ZMA. I am hoping to hit the 227-230 pounds range on this stack but we shall see. Although I have hear great things about this stack.
I am really tired of training heavy and eating so much so for the next 3-4 weeks I will cut back on my eating just a little bit and I am going to try a different training routine. My new routine will be 3 exercises per body part and 2 sets to failure using a 4-second negative. I just feel I need to give my body a little break from the heavy training.
My goals for the New Year are to hit the 240-pounds-plus mark with my arms measuring 19", Chest 52"+, Legs 30"+. I think all of these are attainable in the coming year but as usual it will take a lot of hard work and determination. Good luck if you decide to give this program a shot. If you have any questions feel free to email me.
Go Heavy Or Go Home!