The Ultimate 30-Day Beginner's Guide To Fitness Day 1
The next month could be the most important of your year. You'll learn how to start your fitness journey the right way, and how to navigate your way through all the complicated info online. It's just 30 days—you can do this!
Welcome to the first day of a healthier, more active life! Over the next 30 days, you'll learn about the fundamentals of fitness, nutrition, and supplementation. No matter what your fitness past is like, or how many times you've started with good intentions and seen them fade, this time will be different. Give us 30 days, and we'll give you the tools you need to transform!
Ultimate 30 Day Beginners Guide To Fitness: Day 1
Watch The Video - 03:21
Today, you're not actually going to work out. You read that right! If you've ever worked with a personal trainer before, you might recall that you almost never train on day one. Instead, your first day is all about establishing where you are, why you want to move forward, where you want to go, and how you're going to get there.
Day 1 Challenge
Your first step is to make a BodySpace profile, if you haven't already. If you've already made your profile, then step one is to make it better. The Ultimate 30-Day Beginner's Guide to Fitness is going to be more than your introduction to the fit lifestyle. It's an introduction to the fit community and all that community has to offer you.
BodySpace is the world's largest online social fitness network. It's action-packed with fit-minded members who are eager to help you with your goals, share their stories, and keep you accountable to your fitness journey. Take a moment to sign up for a free account and detail your goals.
And remember, if you have questions about this trainer, you can get them answered on the Ultimate 30-Day Beginner's Guide to Fitness thread on the Bodybuilding.com forum.
If you haven't already, post a before picture. Come on, you can do it! The simple act of putting that image online will do more for your motivation than you can believe. Here's how you do it:
Follow these instructions, keep practicing, and you'll have all the info you need to track your progress!
- Step 1: Dress in clothes that show your shape accurately, nothing too tight or too loose. If you want to work on a specific area of your body, make sure you can see it!
- Step 2: Have several posing shots taken. You should have at least three: a front view, back view, and side view. If you're having someone else take the photo, have them take several from each angle.
- Step 3: Plenty of people slouch over and put on their saddest mugs in their before pics. You could do this, but consider just trying to look natural. You want to show your real shape, in face and body, so you can see how much you've improved later on. No sucking it in, either!
- Step 4: Upload your pictures to your BodySpace profile page.
- Step 5: Try to reproduce the same environment each time you take a future progress photo. Use the same room at the same time of day and shoot from the same angle and distance. Maybe even wear the same clothes—if they still fit!
Next, you're going to establish the baseline of where you are now, so you can know how much you progress as you move forward. That means you need to perform your body part measurements and measure your body fat, too. Don't have calipers? No problem! You can get some as a free gift with your next Bodybuilding.com order!
Feel free to read ahead to other days in this trainer and build excitement about the journey ahead of you. Make sure you've got workout clothes that are comfortable and not restrictive.