Teen Transformation Of The Week - Harley Rainey Gained 19 Pounds And Lost 11% Body Fat!
Harley was fed up with being flabby and having no social life. He decided to follow his father's example and started hitting the gym. After several months he has found a new passion, and it is bodybuilding!
Weight: 139 lbs
Max Bench: 79 lbs
Biceps: 8.2 inches relaxed. 8.5 inches flexed.
Waist: 32 inches
Chest: 42 inches
Calf: 10 inches
Quads: 18.7 inches
Forearms: 7.3 inches
Body Fat: 19.8%
Weight: 158 lbs
Max Bench: 154 lbs
Biceps: 12.2 inches relaxed. 12.9 inches flexed.
Waist: 28 inches
Chest: 38 inches
Calf: 12 inches
Quads: 19.1 inches
Forearms: 9.2 inches
Body Fat: 8.9%
Why I Got Started
I was always the flabby kid with not many friends and a life of computer gaming and junk food addiction. My dad had always gone to the gym for as long as I can remember, and I've always looked up to him as my role model. I decided I would make a change. On December 2nd 2008, I started my new addiction that is the gym.
I spent the first 3 months lifting light weights and doing cardio to get leaner, as I had little to no strength or muscle. However I didn't change my eating habits. Bodybuilding.com showed me where I was going wrong with my nutrition and I quickly fixed my diet and learnt a bit about different supplements and what kind of food I should be eating. 2 months after that I was feeling 200% better than I was previously, I was starting to have a social life, and my abs were visible for the first time ever. My life had been changed.
My Abs Were Visible For
The First Time Ever.
How I Did It
I started off doing cardio with a healthier diet to become leaner, I then began my 5 day split workout programme which has given me significant results over the past 8 months of weight training. I soon started seeing results, visible abs, higher levels of fitness and a significant increase in my strength. This motivated me to continue with my training as I liked the results I was seeing.
I started to speak to some of the bodybuilders in my gym about competition bodybuilding, also reading Bodybuilding.com whenever I had a spare moment, after talking and reading I'd realized that bodybuilding was something I had found and had a passion for.
I Realized That Bodybuilding Was
Something I Had A Passion For.
- Trail Mix (Great for students who are on the go all day.)
Day 1: Chest & Calves
- Incline Dumbbell Press: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Flat Bench Press: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Decline Bench Press: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Pec Dec: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Calf Raises: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Military Press: 4 sets 12 reps
- Arnold Press: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Side Raises: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Shrugs: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Hanging Leg Raises: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Crunches: 3 sets of 25 reps
- Bent Over Barbell Rows: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Lat Pulldowns: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Reverse Flyes: 2 sets of 20 reps
- Deadlifts: 4 sets of 6-10 reps
- Seated Rows: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Seated Calf Raises: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Bicep E-Z Bar Curls: 4 sets of 10-15 reps
- Preacher Curls or Concentration Curls: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Wrist Curls: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Pushdowns: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Skullcrushers: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Close-Grip Bench Press: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Dips: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Crunches: 3 sets of 20 reps
- Squats: 3 sets of 10-15 reps
- Leg Press: 4 sets of 20 reps
- Hack Squats: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Lunges: 2 sets of 20 reps
Day 2: Shoulders & Abs
Day 3: Back & Calves
Day 4: Arms & Abs
Dumbell Curls: 4 sets of 10 reps
Straight Bar Bicep Curls: 4 sets of 10 reps
Day 5: Legs
Leg Extensions: 4 sets of 12 reps
Hamstring Curls: 4 sets of 12 reps
Suggestions For Others
Just believe in yourself, be confident and always think you can do it. Work on your willpower, I learned that strong will power is one of the best attributes to have. Self belief plays an important roll in making gains.
I Learned That Strong Will Power Is
One Of The Best Attributes To Have.
I was exposed to bullying up until my 13th birthday, and I've learned that you should never let people put you down. If you believe in yourself you can achieve any physique goal. Put a picture of your ideal physique next to your bed along with a picture of yourself and update your picture every month and you can see yourself getting closer to your ideal every month.