Wintertime is the perfect time to satisfy your soul with this piping hot bowl of Minestrone soup. This heart-healthy recipe is a filling meal that is not only low in calories but also low in fat.
More so this recipe is simple to make in a pinch and guaranteed to take that winter chill off... all while satisfying your tummy and your taste buds!
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, quartered
- 1 cup leeks, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots, sliced
- 2 (16-ounce) cans chicken broth, fat-free, low sodium
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained and coarsely chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce, no salt added
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup ditalini pasta (short tube-shaped macaroni), uncooked
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
In a large saucepan combine all ingredients (except the pasta and Parmesan). Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
Add pasta to broth and cook an additional 10 minutes or until pasta is done, stirring occasionally. Stir in Parmesan cheese and serve hot!
Hearty Minestrone Soup PDF (112 KB)