Congratulations Michael on being our Personal Trainer Of The Month! Michael was awarded the Bodybuilding.com Personal Trainer of the Month for the health and fitness contributions he provides his clients and beyond.
- (NASM) National Academy of Sports Medicine - to be conferred 7/2006
- (ACE) American Council on Exercise - #T28561
- (AFAA) Aerobics and Fitness Association of America - #330-6
- Bachelor of Science Degree, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, CA.
- Nutrition, UCLA Extension
- CBEST: Certified Substitute Teacher
- CPR: Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Yoga Practitioner
- Belts in Tae Kwon Do, Northern Shao Lin Kung Fu
- Proficient in Kickboxing, Ju Jitsu
- Former Amateur Bodybuilder
- Business Development Manager MNS.com
- Scientific Advisory Board for Balance Bar
- Board of Advisors "JUMP" Magazine
- Total Vibes (Thane Inc.) - Host/fitness expert
- The Greatest Vitamin in the World - Host/fitness expert
- Astro Abs (Time Life) - Host/fitness expert
- 6-Week Body Express Coaching Software - Host/fitness expert
- Core Sculptor Plus Infomercial (w/ Lisa Hart) - Co-Host/fitness expert
- Home Shopping Network (25 shows) - Co-Host/fitness expert
- Fast 10 Exercise video Infomercial - Co-Host/fitness expert
- Fast 10 exercise videos (7 videos) - Star/Host
- Smoke A Way Infomercial - Host/fitness expert
- Any Time 10 exercise videos (3 videos) - Star/Host
- Fit Talk Pilot - Host/fitness expert/producer
- Cardio Kung Fu Infomercial - Host/fitness expert/producer
- Cardio Kick Box exercise video - Star/host/choreography
- Martial Arts Sculpt & Shape video - Star/host/choreography
- Yoga Stretching exercise video - Star/host/choreography
- Power Master Ultra Gym Infomercial (w/Forbes Riley) - Co-Host/fitness expert
- Balance Bar/ Jenny Craig Bar
- Slim Science
- Emerald Green Super Foods
- Compex Technologies
- Organic Milling Corp.
- Pedigree 1, 2 weight loss dog food
- Unibody Inc.
- Kraft (Fruit 20)
- Unilever (Promise Brand)
- Diet Designs Newsletter 1996
Motivate your Mind and Muscles
- Men's Exercise 1997
Strike a Pose
- Bennings Health & Fitness Journal 1998-1999
Who's The Boss?
The Great Abs Office Workout
The 30-Minute Suitcase Workout
The Two-In-One Summer Workout
Stretching It-Going Snow Boarding Soon?
It's Time to Power Punch
- Personal Excellence 2003-2005
- Wellness Affirmations
Integrated Motivational Fitness Approach:
I use a behavior modification approach, which promotes healthy lifestyle transformation. IMF training techniques utilize eastern and western training principles (martial arts, Yoga postures, Pilate's movements, core training, meditation, and breathing practices) to facilitate a true mind/ body connection, which provides lasting change in ones body and mental approach to health, wellness and nutrition.
Michael George - President
Michael George Enterprises, Inc.
4712 Admiralty Way, Suite 218
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292
Fitness Expert & Author
Michael George is transforming the health and fitness industry with his innovative training philosophies and inspirational voice. As one of Hollywood's most sought after Celebrity Trainers & Fitness Experts, his intention is to strengthen the spirit along with the body.
He is the author of, Body Express Makeover: Trim and Sculpt Your Body in Less Than Six Weeks and the creator of the Revolutionary 2-IN-1 Training System. Body Express Makeover is a complete coach in and among itself and focuses on core strength and balance, motivation techniques and commitment, while highlighting his unique 2-in-1 total body exercise programs that can be done in as little as ten, twenty or thirty minutes a day.
In addition to being a leader in the fitness industry and author Michael is a recognized fitness personality who has starred in several exercise videos including the B-Fit video series and the Fast 10 DVD series and he has developed his own cutting edge "Body Express Makeover" coaching software.
Michael has hosted/ co-hosted numerous shows and has appeared on numerous national television shows as a featured guest including ABC's "The View", Fox and Friends, Entertainment Tonight, VH1, E, Extra, Fit TV, Home and Garden channel and CNN.
He has been interviewed or featured in over 100 magazines/ newspapers internationally. Michael is also a highly regarded Fitness Spokesperson for numerous companies such as Kraft, Subway, Natures Plus, Balance Bar, Unilever, Nike, Ready Pac and Pod Fitness to name a few.
Michael has transformed some of Hollywood's most dynamic A-list celebs like Reese Witherspoon, Toby Maguire, Julianne Moore, James Spader, Meg Ryan, Christian Slater, Sela Ward, Matt Dillon, Slash, Dennis Quaid and even professional athletes like boxer Fernando Vargas. These celebs, athletes and numerous high powered executives gravitate towards Michael's training routines and principles because they work effectively and efficiently.
Related Celebrity Articles:
- Christian Bale Gets Super-Buff. - By Brian Bullman
- Harrison Ford Trains & Improves. - By Jaime Filer
- Pumping Iron With Robert Downey Jr. - By Brian Bullman
- Other Celebrity Articles...
Through years of personal training experience and extensive education, George developed his own unique fitness technology, Integrated Motivational FitnessTM and he created the 2-in-1 training system highlighted in his book. This balanced fitness regime integrates the body-mind-spirit connection for optimal energy and health.
George uses motivation, commitment and consistency as the integral components to achieving one's health and fitness goals, along with healthy lifestyle transformation. His work encompasses almost all conditioning activities, including:
- Interval aerobic and strength conditioning
- Yoga postures
- Core training
- Self-defense training
- Breathing exercises
- And even meditation
[ Q ] When and why did you become a trainer?
I have been training clients for over 20 years. I became a personal trainer because I needed a career that would allow me to partake in activities that I was passionate about, be my own boss, provide for unlimited income potential and flexible hours. Training gave me all of those stipulations.
[ Q ] What is your training style? What methods do you use?
My training style is across the board. My philosophy is to do whatever it takes to help my clients achieve their goals. I utilize a combination of Eastern and Western disciplines to facilitate a complete mind-body approach. Interval training, plyometrics, Yoga postures, 4 types of martial arts, boxing, navy seal training methods, boot camp style workouts, bodybuilding techniques, meditation if necessary.
[ Q ] Do you have examples of success stories from clients using your methods?
Numerous examples. 90% of my clients achieve their goals if they listen to me.
More in my book.
[ Q ] Who are some of your present/past celebrity clients?
- Rhys Coiro Actor
- Janice & Ross Bagdasarian Producers
- Robert & Leslie Zemeckis Director/ Producer
- P Diddy (Bad Boy Entertainment) Various New Pop Stars
- Slash Musician
- Fernando Vargas Boxer
- Shawn Ashmore Actor
- Nick Cannon Actor
- Christian Slater Actor
- Tobey Maguire Actor
- Liev Schreiber Actor
- Elizabeth Berkley Actor
- Reese Witherspoon Actor
- Julianne Moore Actor
- Sela Ward Actor
- Dennis Quaid Actor
- Meg Ryan Actor
- James Spader Actor
- Miguel Ferrer Actor
- Matt Dillion Actor
- Leilani Sarell Actor
- Lori Laughlin Actor
- Jackie Gerra Actor/Comedian
- Brett Cullen Actor
- Malanie Pace Actor/Model
- Todd Holland 3-Time Emmy Winning Director
- T-Bone Burnett Music Producer
- Laura Zisken Producer
- Jim Wiatt President William Morris
- Carrie Latt Wiatt President Diet Designs
- Jackie Collins Novelist
- Nancy Taylor Rosenburg Novelist
- Rich Battista Fox Entertainment Executive
- Trever Walton Fox Entertainment Executive
- Steve Poe Fox Entertainment Executive
- Joel Fields Producer
- Yolanda Oseguera Producer
- Fernando Sulichin Producer
- Sussane Preissler Producer
Partial Present And Former Client List (By Client Approval Only)
[ Q ] Can you please you give me an example diet and training program you put together for your clients.
In my book.
[ Q ] What are the most common mistakes a client makes?
They don't listen to me and try to do it their way.
They push too hard too fast and get burned out.
They never really fully commit to the process.
[ Q ] What are the most common mistakes you believe a trainer makes?
Not gaining a clients respect from the out set.
Getting lackadaisical or lazy and forgetting that they are being paid to help clients achieve specific goals.
Becoming a clients friend or counselor.
Personal Trainer Articles:
[ Q ] Do you set your clients up with a full diet and training plan for them to follow by themselves?
Yes, I do provide my clients homework.
[ Q ] How do you keep your clients motivated?
I listen to them. I figure out what type of person they are and what motivates them and what pushes their buttons. Then I lead them where I want them to go. Basic NLP training.
[ Q ] Do you train a male client differently to a female?
Yes, they are 2 different body types so I train them very differently after the foundation building phase.
[ Q ] How have your changed your approach to clients over the years of experience?
[ Q ] How do you start a client on a new program? Do you do some kind of assessment?
I do a complete fitness assessment.
[ Q ] Do you prefer to train male or female clients and why?
I enjoy training both because every client is unique and challenging in their own way.
[ Q ] Do you feel just as much like a psychologist as you do a personal trainer?
Not really. I think of myself as more of a coach. A coach is interested in every facet of a client's life, however, he never oversteps his boundaries. I listen to clients personal issues more as an extra ear than advice giver. Sometimes I do offer suggestions if asked, but I always keep in mind that any suggestions I provide clients are in the interest of stronger healthy lifestyle practices. I don't get into details and personal life issues.