- 256 Caplets
- 8 Caplets
Servings Per Container:
Amount Per Serving:
Gakic Glycine-L-Arginine-Alpha-Ketoisocaproic Acid Calcium:
- 10.2 g
- Microcrystalline cellulose, hydroxypropyl cellulose, polyvinylpyrrolidone, coating (Partially Hydrolyzed Polyvinyl Alcohol, Polyethylene Glycol, Hydroxypropyl Cellulose, Titanium Dioxide, Talc, Soy Lecthin, Polysorbate 80, FD&C Red No. 40, FD&C Yellow No. 6, FD&C Blue No. 2), croscarmellose sodium, stearic acid, magnesium stearate, silica, acesulfame-potassium.
Directions: Due to the potent nature of this product, which works immediately, GAKIC should only be used on days that you work out and at no other time. As a dietary supplement, take 1 serving (8 caplets) up to 45 minutes before a high-intensity workout. One bottle supplies a 1-month supply if you work out 4 times per week. Do not exceed 1 serving (8 caplets) in a 24-hour period. Consume ten 8 oz. glasses of water daily for general good health. Read entire label before use and follow directions.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
MuscleTech Gakic Caps Review
By Matt Canning
MuscleTech has always produced top of the line supplements for as long as I can remember. I was originally swayed into using their products when I saw the pre-2001 six page ad pictorials featuring Greg Kovacs.
I was 18 years old at the time, in the fall of 2000, and I naively believed everything that the advertisements said. Now at 25, I know better, but although no supplement can turn an ordinary person into Greg Kovacs overnight, the reality that MuscleTech has created many cutting edge supplements is indeed true.
I find that the company consistently comes out with high quality products and the only concern in my mind is price. I am one who prefers to be financially conservative when it comes to supplements and spending in general and so I will opt for a non-name brand as opposed to something more expensive which is heavily marketed and owned by a more popular company.
Gakic's claims of being able to increase strength by 10% in a single workout caught my eye and I figured it was worth a try.
I ordered in a bottle of Gakic for a friend of mine who was interested in reviewing it. I took a daily sample out for myself and decided to give it a test. Let me clarify that my diet during that day and the few days prior was not good.
I used the supplement and I found my strength to be the same as it always was. Possibly just slightly stronger than usual taking into consideration all variables (including poor diet). Keep in mind that one day's worth of data is not enough, but I can say for certain that I did not notice a difference in strength.
- Data based solely on one day's experience is not really enough to accurately gauge the effectiveness of a product. My friend did use an entire bottle and he felt that the supplement was effective and did exactly what it said it would which was increase strength gains by 10% during a single workout. That review (by Dave) follows
|FEATURED REVIEW: MUSCLETECH GAKIC CAPS|
MuscleTech Gakic Caps Review
My weight training routine consists of a 6-day-a-week program, which targets each muscle group twice a week. My sets are fairly consistent throughout each muscle group, as to keep a proportional build, which is 12-10-8-6, where the first 2 sets are intended mainly for warm-up.
- The first time I took Gakic, I followed the directions accordingly, by taking 1 dose 45 minutes before my first set. The first thing that surprised me was that each caplet was absurdly big and awkward to put down, and on top of that 1 dose = 8 caplets.
My workout this day consisted of chest and abs. I went ahead and followed through with my warm-up set like usual. I did not feel significantly stronger right away, but as I approached my 6-rep max I did feel unusually powerful, and sure enough, was able to push exactly 10% more weight for my 6-rep max. This effect was carried on throughout the rest of my sets. My muscular endurance was extended from my normal 1 hour intense workout to about an hour and a half.
| Started By:
- For the first 2 weeks of trying Gakic, the effectiveness diminished noticeably, to a point where I decided to take two weeks off and then tried it again. The second time trying the product, the initial results were nowhere near the results I experienced the first time taking it. My endurance as well as my strength were back to normal.
I was not quick to jump to conclusion about the effectiveness of the product, for the simple reason that my diet during that period was not appropriate for any hope of strength increase. My diet consisted mainly of protein and very few carbs.
I believe that if my diet was optimal for energy inducing and strength increasing, the product may have proven to be more effective as it was the first workout.
- The dosage is absurd, but the effects from it have the potential to be absurd as well, in a good way that is. Initially, the product is great, but may lose effectiveness overtime. To get maximal effects from Gakic, it is important to keep a good diet, just as with any other supplement. I would certainly try this product again, next time making sure to be consistent with a good diet.
- Upon first using Gakic, I was in a hurry to get to the gym, and unfortunately I tried to chug it too quickly. To my immediate displeasure, it tasted terrible (like the flavored foam they put in your mouth at the dentist... maybe you like that stuff though, if that's true, you'll enjoy this products taste).
That being said, there is a pill form of Gakic for those of us that would prefer to avoid the powder. However, it comes at higher price, which makes sense because the powder tastes bad so why go through it if you have the extra money to buy the pills.
Thing is, some of us don't have the extra money and/or some of us will go through the bad taste because powder is sometimes seen as more effective because of its immediate availability in the body. However, to say the least, I'm not a big fan of the taste of that stuff. Therefore, I award it a score of 4/10 for taste.
- Simply put 1 scoop of Gakic powder in a
- with the recommended amount of
- and then shake. I found that the mixability of Gakic was pretty decent with only a bit settling on the bottom. However, just add some extra water and finish it off because you won't want to waste a drop.
As far as texture goes, it was basically the same as the consistency of water and I couldn't identify any difference. Therefore, I award it a score of 7/10 for mixability/texture.
- "[It] is the biggest bodybuilding breakthrough ever! New to bodybuilders, athletes, and sports enthusiasts, Gakic, chemically known as glycine-l-arginine-alpha-ketoisocaproic acid has been in development for 8 years. That's 8 years of research, testing, clinical studies, and refinement. Why 8 years? Well, we all know that greatness takes time. A great mind takes years to develop, a great physique takes years to build, and a great supplement should be no different. The game has changed, the rules may have to be altered, performance might have to be redefined, your success however, is imminent. Gakic has officially arrived."
I wouldn't call it the biggest bodybuilding breakthrough ever, but there is some truth to that claim, for this is a bodybuilding breakthrough. Also, this product claims that it will help you blast through your bench press plateaus and give you more explosive reps and performance in just minutes. There is truth to both these claims.
With the help of Gakic, I was able to push out at least 1 and sometimes 2 or 3 extra reps on each set. Some would say this is all mental and that it plays no role whatsoever. To them I would say this, whether or not it is this product helping me push out those extra reps, it is most definitely happening!
So, whether it is the root of this performance boost or my mind believing it is, I am thrilled to push out the extra reps. For that reason, I would take the powder again because whether its directly or indirectly doing the job, the job is getting done and that's what counts!
On another topic, at the time of using this product, I was not experiencing any plateaus. For that reason, I am unable to expand upon whether or not it can push you through your plateaus.
However, it seems quite possible that it could and when I do hit my next plateaus, I may very well incorporate the products powder form into my supplement regimen to see if it stands up to the hype, and to see how effective it truly is at helping one to overcome plateaus. Therefore, in light of all this information, I award Gakic a score of 8.5/10 for effectiveness.
- Let's begin with taste. As mentioned above, the taste of the powder is not something I look forward to on training days. That being said, on training days, I do look forward to taking it. Why? Well, the product is very effective at helping one push out that extra 1 and sometimes 2 or 3 reps.
When considering what one wants to get out of supplements, we have to understand that the effectiveness of a supplement, far outweighs the taste of it. However, that being said, taste is of some importance, because really, who wants to be drinking something all the time that tastes terrible! That's correct, no one does.
However, all that considered, effectiveness is more important than taste, so suck it up because long term results are more important than the instant and short lived gratification one receives from a good tasting supplement.
Also, as stated above, the mixability/texture of this powder is alright. However, one of its biggest flaws is the price. In my opinion, it is overpriced. Therefore, in light of all this, I award Gakic a score of 7.5/10 for an overall review. Keep in mind, it only receives a score this high because of how effective it is.