How I Got Started
I started by working out in high school. Each year I got stronger and bigger. After high school ended is when I got serious about bodybuilding.
I went to college for just a year and that's the year I competed in the Mr. Illinois at the age of 19. Ever since I joined the Marines I have just kept trying to get bigger, stronger, and symmetrical.
Civilian Life To Military Life
What Is The Hardest Part?
The hardest transition for me was moving from Illinois to California. I had to leave all my friends and family behind to go live 2,000 miles away. This was the first time being this far for so long.
The Biggest Obstacle Of A Military Lifestyle
The biggest obstacle I have to overcome is trying to keep up with working out and keeping my size.
|READING THIS WORKOUT LOG|
- Incline Dumbbell Press: 3 sets of 8, 6, 4 reps
- Barbell Bench Press: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Dumbbell Flyes: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Cable Crossovers: 3 sets of 10, 8, 6 reps
- Barbell Curls: 3 sets of 8, 6, 4 reps
- Hammer Curls: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Curls: 3 sets of 10, 8, 6 reps
- Concentration Curls: 3 sets of 10, 8, 6 reps
- Cable Curls: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 3 sets of 8, 6, 4 reps
- Arnold Press: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Lateral Raises: 3 sets of 10, 8, 6 reps
- Upright Barbell Rows: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Rear Delt Raises: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Close-Grip Bench Press: 3 sets of 8, 6, 4 reps
- Skullcrushers: 3 sets of 8, 6, 4 reps
- Triceps Pushdowns: 3 sets of 10, 8, 6 reps
- Dips: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Dumbbell Kickbacks: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Pullups: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Deadlift: 3 sets of 8, 6, 4 reps
- Lat Pulldown: 3 sets of 10, 8, 6 reps
- One-Arm Dumbbell Row: 3 sets of 8, 6, 4 reps
- Hyperextensions: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Bent Over Barbell Row: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Dumbbell Shrug: 3 sets of 20 reps
- Barbell Shrug: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Squat: 3 sets of 8, 6, 4 reps
- Dumbbell Lunges: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Stiff-Legged Deadlift: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Leg Extensions: 3 sets of 10, 8, 6 reps
- Standing Calf Raises: 3 sets of 25 reps
- Leg Curl: 3 sets of 10, 8, 6 reps
Back & Traps:
I don't really have a meal plan that I am able to stick to. We train all year round and I cannot keep a strict diet.
I have really only ever seen results using these supplements. Me and my friends call NO-Xplode a God send because of the great pumps you get and how well you maintain the pump using it.
Future Bodybuilding Plans
I hope that I am able to compete again, whether it is in the Marine Corps or any civilian competition. I also hope to gain about 15 pounds over the next two years.
However, I'm not to sure how well that will go considering I have only gained about 10 pounds since high school.
One Tip For Other Bodybuilders In The Military
Stay motivated. I know I lost a lot of weight during boot camp and training. You just have to keep eating as much as possible while still eating clean. Push through being tired and get into the gym.
Once you get back into the swing of things it all comes back quickly. You might not be there mentally but your body doesn't forget and this is when muscle memory comes into play.
And once you start gaining again, it will feel like when you first started out and you feel like nothing can stop you. Good luck!
Sign Up To Win $50 in Store Credit!