I am officially 11 weeks out from the Arnold Amateur. I now weigh 214 and am a little bit over five percent body fat.
This week was amazing. I hit the gym with reckless abandon and worked in a lot of volume. I actually worked out Monday through Sunday last week with no off days. My wife wanted to train Sunday, so I obliged! The diet is easy and I am literally force-feeding myself.
I am having Solution 5 four times per day and the other four meals are comprised of tilapia, broccoli and olive oil, peanut butter or almond butter.
My energy is great and weights keep going up! For example, I did 725 on rack lockout deadlifts for 1.5 reps! That mess was heavy!
- Scivation Dialene 4x
- Scivation Xtend
- Scivation Vasocharge
- Scivation Essential FA
- Primaforce Elastamine
- Primaforce Cissus
- Primaforce 1,3-Dimethylamine
My training split is:
- Monday: Legs
- Tuesday: Chest And Biceps
- Wednesday: Back
- Thursday: Shoulders And Traps
- Friday: Hamstrings And Triceps
- Saturday: Back And Chest
- Sunday: Off
Cardio is HIIT 2 days per week on the treadmill. I do a 5 minute warm-up, then 15 sprints of 30 second high intensity followed by 60 second low intensity. Following that is a cool-down until I hit 30 minutes. Posing is to be performed at least three times per week.
Sample Leg Day
- Pre-Cardio: 2 Scivation Dialene 4x capsules
- Intra-Cardio: 6 scoops of Scivation Xtend, 2 scoops of Scivation Vasocharge
- Pre-Workout: 2 scoops of Scivation Vasocharge, 2 Primaforce 1,3-Dimethylamine capsules
- Intra-Workout: 6 scoops of Scivation Xtend
- 6 meals containing approximately 50 grams of protein and 15 grams of fats
- Post-workout meal contains 60 grams of carbs
- 40 minutes in the morning
|READING THIS WORKOUT LOG|
- Leg Extensions: 3 sets to failure
- Barbell Squats: 7 sets of 6-12 reps
- Dumbbell Squats: 2 sets of 32 reps
- Hack Squats: 3 sets to failure
- Thigh Adductors: 3 sets to failure
- Standing Calf Raises: 3 sets to failure
- Leg Press: 12 sets to failure
- Seated Calf Raises: 3 sets to failure
I thoroughly enjoy each meal. I love eating clean and healthy and with our great diet, I can keep my calories high and still lose fat! This is going very well.
This prep, I have Solution 5, and boy does it fill me up and satisfy me. I never crave sweets on my weekly free meal.
Training periodization was:
- Week 0: Baseline testing
- Weeks 1-2: 4-5 reps
- Weeks 3-4: 6-7 reps
- Weeks 5-6: 8-9 reps
- Weeks 7-8: 10-11 reps
- Week 9: Final testing
Designed by Chuck and Team Scivation at a 35/35/30 fats/protein/carbs ratio. All diets for each group were controlled and exactly the same. This was a hypercaloric diet.
When I was doing the macro calculations, I used the Harris Benedict Equation with an activity factor related to the training program that was designed to gain lean body mass, therefore these subjects were all in a hypercaloric state. Protein grams were figured out first with them being 1 gram per pound of body weight.
| Harris Benedict Equation:
The Harris Benedict Equation is a formula that uses your BMR and then applies an activity factor to determine your total daily energy expenditure (calories). The only factor omitted by the Harris Benedict Equation is lean body mass.
Due to the load and repetitions of the training program and the fact that the study was based on 10 reps (week 0) then 10 reps (Week 9), not a 1 rep max test, the typical macro ratio for each subject to gain LBM and prevent/lose body fat was 30% carb, 35% protein and 35% fat.
The goal of the nutrition plan was to provide calories for lean body mass gain yet balance insulin levels with each meal. Theory being, if you balance insulin you significantly reduce any chances of storing body fat, better yet lose body fat.
Each subject had the option to chose from the following protein, carbohydrate and fat sources that were already weighed properly for them. They simply had to physically weigh foods and eat:
- Egg whites
- Non-fat cottage cheese
- Chicken breast
- 96% fat free lean sirloin/ground turkey
- Tuna canned in water
- Fresh fish
- Brown rice
- Whole grain pasta and whole grain bread
- Lettuce, tomato, and cucumber
- Green beans
11 more weeks to rock this big stage! Please come by and visit the Scivation booth at the Arnold Classic. I will be there as will my team. We would love to meet all of you!