Weight: 223 lbs
Body Fat: 14%
Weight: 183 lbs
Body Fat: 4%
Why I Got Started
I initially entered the weight room back in high school in order to gain strength and endurance for sports. My love of the iron continued ever since until I was in a life changing car accident that resulted in ten months of physical therapy. Afterward, several muscles had atrophied and my body gained far too much weight.
I am hard on myself if I fail to measure up to my own past accomplishments, and decided to set a goal: to get back into the shape I was once in. In the end, I took it a step further and got into the best shape of my life!
What I want people to understand is that you never have to give up. In the last ten years, I have had three reconstructive surgeries; my shoulder, knee and arm. If you have the passion and mental determination, you can push through the barriers that would block others.
How I Did It
I have been bodybuilding seriously and consistently for twelve years, but getting shredded is a whole different science. I did as much research as I possibly could on the internet, specifically who the current natural pros were and what they did for contest prep.
| What Is A Mesomorph?
A mesomorph has a naturally fit body but to maintain it or improve it they should exercise and diet corretly for their type.
- MuscleTech Leukic Hardcore
- MuscleTech Hydroxycut Hardcore
- 6 oz of salmon
Meal 4: Pre-Workout
Meal 5: Post-Workout
| What Is A Carb Refeed?
This refers to a process used in Ketogenic type diets. After a week of strictly limiting the intake of carbs, you will load back up over the weekend to restore muscle glycogen levels. Usually you will take in 10-12 grams of carbs per kilogram of bodyweight in a 24-hour period.
|READING THIS WORKOUT LOG|
- Leg Curls: 4 sets of 8-20 reps
- Leg Extensions: 4 sets of 12-20 reps
- Barbell Squats: 4 sets of 6-20 reps
- Leg Presses: 4 sets of 12-30 reps
- Dumbbell Bench Press: 4 sets of 8-20 reps
- Incline Smith Machine Press: 4 sets of 6-14 reps
- Cable Crossovers: 4 sets of 12-20 reps
- Dips: 4 sets to failure
- Lat Pulldowns: 4 sets of 8-16 reps
- Seated Cable Row: 4 sets of 12-20 reps
- One-Arm Dumbbell Row: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Seated Shoulder Press: 3 sets of 8-16 reps
- Lateral Raises: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Front Dumbbell Raises: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Rear Delt Raises: 3 sets of 8-16 reps
- Dumbbell Shrugs: 4 sets of 12-20 reps
- EZ-Bar Curls: 4 sets of 6-14 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Curls: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Hammer Curls: 4 sets of 10-16 reps
- Skullcrushers: 4 sets of 12-24 reps
- Triceps Pushdowns: 4 sets of 12-20 reps
- Seated Triceps Press: 4 sets of 8-16 reps
Thursday: Back And Shoulders
Suggestions For Others
To make extraordinary changes, sticking with the meal plan is a must. Urges and temptations will come up. Learn to ignore them and stay focused on your goal, you are worth it.
I did cardio four times per week in the mornings, after my first meal, and sometimes after my evening workout if I had the energy. I like to bring my MP3 player so I don't get caught up in conversation with people and can remain focused.
I recommend keeping a journal of your exercises, the lifts and weight that you performed. I hope everyone can accomplish their dreams and goals. Believe me, it is possible!