Kris Gethin 12-Week Daily Video Trainer - Week 6: Day 39!
Follow Kris as he takes you and himself through a 12-week transformation. Today you better be ready for an intense chest and triceps workout - Kris also talks about how to overcome plateaus!
Today you better be ready for an intense chest and triceps workout - Kris also talks about how to overcome plateaus!
Week 6, Day 39: Chest, Triceps & Abs
Tips For This Workout Day
- Remember to properly warm up to get your joints loose and comfortable for doing heavier weight!
- At this point, our goal is to increase the volume of our workouts and keep our heart rate up so we can burn fat and build muscle effectively.
- If you are plateauing, make sure to increase the intensity and adjust your workout to maintain consistent progress. Use drop sets, giant sets and supersets to keep your routines fresh.
- Remember to follow the Dramatic Transformation Principle (DTP).
Decline Bench Press
- Consider using the rest-pause technique between your reps to get a good stretch and contraction of the chest.
Incline Dumbbell Press
- For added intensity, add some incline close-grip push-ups after your working sets.
- For more torque, use a press technique rather than a fly technique. This will allow you to lift heavier weight.
- Remember to utilize lifting straps when you reach a weight that is hard to hold onto.
Lying Tricep Extensions/Lying Pullovers
- Mix in some close grip presses to add intensity to the superset!
Overhead Dumbbell Extensions
- Use a military bench for back support and isolation. Remember, don't let the weight go too far down!
- Bench Dips are a compound movement, which will help isolate the middle of the triceps.
Reverse Decline Crunch
- Keep your leges straight at the bottom of the movement. Make sure to bring your knees to your chest, and elevate your hips at the top of the movement.