Today Kris will be providing you with some basic information on dietary fat. Find out why your body needs it and how you should deal with it during this transformation.
Week 3, Day 17: Fat In Your Diet
Roles Of Fat
Fat has many roles in the body:
- It helps to protect your organs
- It helps to absorb vitamins
- It helps with hormone production
Side Effects Of Reducing Fats
When you remove or lower fat in the body you may notice slower brain function – which may cause you to become a little forgetful.
Normal side effects are:
- Can't sleep at night
These minor side effects are normal and you just have to deal with them temporarily to get through the transformation.
Fat In This Diet
You should cut all other fat sources out of your diet because they are extremely calorie dense – every one gram of fat contains nine calories. You should be burning off stored fat, not additional fat that you're consuming throughout the day.
Losing Body Fat
Men and women store fat in different areas of the body:
- Generally for women it is the hips, thighs, buttocks, & back of the arms.
- For guys it is mainly the torso – the mid section and lower back.
You cannot spot reduce a specific area of the body. You just have to keep dieting until the fat on those stubborn areas come off.
Two good ways to determine if you are seeing results or not are:
- A change in your weight from monitoring it on the scale.
- Seeing physical changes in the mirror.
Myth: You can't feel fat burning off your body.