Kris Gethin 12-Week Daily Video Trainer - Week 3: Day 16!
Follow Kris as he takes you and himself through a 12-week transformation. It's time for the third back and biceps workout. Kris has done his and now it's your turn.
Kris is back in the gym doing the back and biceps workout. With pulling motions, he likes to use straps to help focus on the muscle.
Week 3, Day 16 Back & Biceps
Tip For This Workout Day
- The weakest link during pulling movements is your grip—utilize weight-training straps to transfer the burden from your grip strength to the straps so you can lift more weight or more reps. Kris prefers the Flexolate straps when he is doing Pulldowns.
- Vary your grip to work different muscles.
- Overhand grip: works more traps and the thickness of the back
- Underhand grip: works more of the lats
- Doing your Dumbbell Rows on a bench will eliminate movement and stress in the lower back.
- Close Grip Pullups With Legs Elevated will not only work you lats but will also hit your abs.
- Nitric Oxide can help your mind muscle connection as well as providing a pump to the targeted muscle.
- Try to rotate your wrist out as much as possible during Preacher Curls to really hit the peak of your biceps.