Jamie Eason's Peanut-Butter Chocolate Protein Pie!
Take the classic combination of chocolate and peanut butter to the next level with this protein-packed, irresistibly delicious dessert.
Who doesn't love a good slice of pie? From cherry and coconut cream to lemon and pecan, pies are always a win. But when a sliver of the good stuff threatens to ruin your entire day of training and eating clean, the indulgence suddenly doesn't seem as sweet.
Don't worry! Here's a recipe that combines the classic flavors of chocolate and peanut butter into a post-dinner treat—or post-workout, for breakfast, or any time you really can't contain your need for pie—you can enjoy guilt-free.
Best of all, this pie won't cost you your gains. In fact, you can use it as fuel to feed them!
Almond meal flour: 2 tbsp
Xylitol or Stevia: 2 tsp
Coconut oil: 1 tbsp (melted)
Cacao powder: 1 tsp
Jamie Eason peanut protein powder: 2 scoops
Low-fat plain cream cheese: 1/4 cup (room temperature)
Plain Greek yogurt: 1/4 cup
All-natural peanut butter: 2 tbsp
Maple syrup: 2 tbsp
Unsweetened vanilla almond milk: 2 tbsp
Stevia: 5 packets (or Xylitol 1/4 cup)
Coconut oil: 1/2 tbsp (melted)
Chocolate chips: 1/4 cup (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a mini 4.5-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine all crust ingredients together in a small mixing bowl. Blend together until a chocolate crumble forms.
- Add in half a teaspoon of water, and stir. The mixture should hold its shape when pressed together.
- Spoon this mixture into the springform pan and press down, molding the mixture to the bottom of the pan to form a crust.
- Bake the crust in the oven for 5 minutes, then set aside to let cool while making the pie.
- Using a handheld blender, mix together the cream cheese, peanut butter, and Greek yogurt until completely smooth. Add in the remainder of the pie ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour pie mixture into springform pan, on top of chocolate pie crust. Smooth down with a spoon and place in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- After the pie has chilled, take it out of the freezer. Gently remove from the springform pan and transfer to the serving dish.
- Drizzle melted chocolate on top of entire pie and slice into 6 even pieces. Serve immediately, and enjoy!
Serving size: 1 slice (without chocolate topping)
Recipe yields: 6 slices