Jacqueline Went From Yo-Yo Dieting To Competition Prep And Cut 24 Pounds And 16% Body Fat!
Jacqueline was tired of starving during the week, binging on the weekends, doing endless cardio and still looking fluffy! Read on to learn about her fitness journey and how she dropped 24 pounds and 16% body fat below!
Why I Got Started
I was tired of being the person that always said, "Man, I wish I had THAT body!" I was your typical girl that started her diet every Monday. I would go Monday through Friday eating healthy and then on the weekends I would binge out. I did cardio like it was my job and rarely touched the weight room. I didn't understand how I could do countless hours of cardio and still look fluffy!
I tried every diet pill, every fad diet and even struggled with the cycle of binge eating and then starving myself for days. I was incredibly unhappy and knew that I was the only one that could change it. It was not an easy journey and actually took several years of being a yo-yo dieter to finally tell myself you deserve to be healthy, you deserve to be happy, and you deserve to feel whole. I made a vow to myself to cherish my mind, body and soul. I took charge of my life and I have never looked back!
Click To Enlarge.
I Made A Vow To Myself To Cherish My Mind, Body And Soul. I Took
Charge Of My Life And I Have Never Looked Back.
How I Did It
I thought I knew what it took to eat healthy and workout but I was completely wrong. After two years of doing the same eating pattern and the same workouts I finally decided to change. I surrendered my ego and allowed my boyfriend to have complete control of my diet and workouts.
I spent 9 months preparing for my first INBF figure show. My trainer and I were unsure how my body was going to react to dieting so we wanted to start as early as possible because getting lean early is better than not getting lean enough. I lifted 5 days per week for the entire 9 months. I then added 20-30 minutes of cardio for the last two months prior to my show.
Figure Show Prep Supplements:
- Dymatize Elite Protein Powder or 100% Natural Whey Gold Standard (Pre Workout)
- 100% Creapure Creatine Monohydrate (1 tsp Post Workout)
- Optimum Glutamine Powder (During Workout)
- Optimum BCAA 5000 Powder (During Workout)
- Nature's Way DIM-plus Diindolyl Methane (2 pills in the Morning, 2 at Night)
- ThermoLife International E-Bol (2 pills, 3 times a day)
- Oxy-Elite Pro Fat Burner (Taken with Breakfast)
- Dymatize Elite Protein Powder or 100% Natural Whey Gold Standard
- 100% Creapure Creatine Monohydrate (Cycle it 1 month off and 3 months on)
- Optimum Glutamine Powder
- Optimum BCAA 5000 Powder
Workout Day Diet
- ½ cup Oats
- 1 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1 scoop Dymatize Elite Protein Powder
- 1 serving Optimum Glutamine Powder
- 1 serving Optimum BCAA 5000 Powder
Meal 3: Pre Workout
- 1 Scoop Dymatize Elite Protein Powder with
- ½ Banana in Water, as a Smoothie
- 1 scoop 100% Creapure Creatine Monohydrate
Meal 4: Post Workout
Non-Workout Day Diet
I only had to change my macronutrients 3 times within the 9 months of prepping for my first figure show. I was very blessed to have found a trainer (Austin Dossey with Masterpiece Fitness) that was able to maximize my metabolism by allowing me to eat more and still lose body fat.I ate very frequently and did not eat 1-2 hours before bed. I went from 163 pounds and 26% body fat to 129 pounds and 9.8% body fat and still ate carbs! Two weeks before my show I averaged 1950 calories, 44 grams of fat, 155 carbs and 200 protein.
|TERMS YOU'LL NEED TO KNOW|
Day 1: Back/Calves
- Wide Grip Pullups: 6 sets of 6, 5, 4, 6, 5, 4 reps
- Seated Cable One Arm Row: 4 sets of 8 reps
- Seated Cable Rope Row: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Standing Calf Raise: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Seated Calf Raise: 3 sets of 20-25 reps
- Squat Jumps: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
Day 2: Chest
- Incline Dumbbell Press: 4 sets of 8 reps
- Machine Bench Press: 2 sets of 5 reps
Day 3: Legs/Arms Two-a-day Workout
- Butt Lift: 6 sets of 6 reps
- Reverse Grip Preacher Curl: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Reverse Grip Decline Skull Crusher: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
Day 4: Back/Chest
- Incline Barbell Bench Press: 3 sets of 6 reps
- Decline Dumbbell Flyes: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Dumbbell Press: 3 sets of 25 reps
Day 5: Legs/Shoulders
- Barbell Shoulder Press: 3 sets of 6 reps
- Seated Dumbbell Lateral Raise: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Barbell Upright Row: 3 sets of 25 reps
Day 6 And 7: Rest
Click To Enlarge.
I Went From 163 pounds And 26% Body Fat To 129 pounds And 9.8% Body Fat
And Still Ate Carbs.
Suggestions For Others
If you do what you have always done then you will get what you have always got! Don't be afraid to change. Take the bull by the horns and figure out what fitness plan works best for you. Invest in a personal trainer who can keep you accountable for your actions.
Let everyone know that you are taking charge of your life because you will be amazed how much support you get along the way. Hold your family and friends close because they will help carry you through any bumps in the road.
Educate yourself about fitness. It is easy to get stuck in a rut and fall off the fitness bandwagon. However, if you keep your workouts fun, your diet interesting and your stress to a minimum (lots of great and easy tips on Bodybuilding.com to minimize your stress, spice up your diet and advance your workouts) you will succeed in anything you want to do. A healthy body, mind and soul are the ultimate BLISS!
Note: Jacqueline has recently been offered a sponsorship with Optimum Nutrition Team!
|Share This Article: