However, certain types of low-carbohydrate diets are healthy. Although cutting carbohydrates out of your diet completely is never a good idea, reducing the number of "bad carbs" in your diet can help you lose weight safely.
What are bad carbs? Because they do not stick with you for long, you may feel hungry again soon after eating them. Examples: cookies, cake, crackers, potatoes, white bread, white rice and pasta are digested very quickly.
Good carbs, on the other hand, are slowly absorbed by the body and may make you feel full longer than bad carbs do. Examples: green vegetables such as spinach, green beans, lettuce and broccoli. Also, nonstarchy vegetables and whole grains are a necessary part of any healthy diet. Whole-grain cereals and whole-wheat foods are also excellent sources of fiber.
Because they tend to keep blood sugar at a consistent level, good carbs are especially healthy choices for people with diabetes.
- Replace white bread, white pasta and white rice with whole-wheat and brown rice versions in moderation.
- Cut back on sugar.
- Limit the amount of bananas, potatoes, carrots and other starchy fruits and vegetables in your diet. Replace the nonstarchy ones like berries (which are lower in sugar) and leafy greens.
- Eat chicken without skin, beans and fish for protein and red meat once or twice a week only.
Remember that a healthy diet is a balanced one that is based on foods that come from both plants and animals. Also, as with any diet, exercise is key to losing weight and keeping it off. In most cases, at least 30 minutes of aerobic activity each day combined with weight training will help you stay in shape.
Here Are Some Popular Low Carb Food Product:
- Keto Bread Mix
- Keto Muffin & Pancake Mix
- Keto Brownie Mix
- Keto Butta
- Keto Macaroni & Cheese
- Keto Ice Cream
- Beef Sticks
- Doctor's CarbRite Diet LowCarb Bar
- Doctor's LowCarb Diet SugarFree Bar
- EAS Piranha Power Snack Mix
- Full Low Carb Foods Listing, Click Here!
More Helpful Info About Carbs
Types Of Carbohydrates And Sources
|Simple Carbohydrates||Complex Carbohydrates|
Protein & Carbs Needed After A Workout?
In my next articles, I will be writing about my diet and training routines as well as various supplements as I am getting ready for my first Figure Show this summer.