Everybody should learn how to make an omelet. Start with this one, and then you can make your own unique touches as you get more confident!
Zucchini, chopped 2 tbsp
Red bell pepper, chopped 2 tbsp
Mushrooms, chopped 2 tbsp
Whole eggs, beaten 2
Low-fat shredded cheese 2 tbsp
Red chili flakes 1 pinch
Salt and pepper 1 pinch
Olive oil 1 tbsp
Whole-wheat wrap 1
- In a nonstick pan and over medium heat, sauté zucchini, bell pepper, and mushrooms for 6-8 minutes, or until soft.
- In a separate bowl, combine beaten eggs with salt, pepper, and red chili flakes.
- Pour egg mixture into pan over sautéed veggies.
- Let cook for 2-3 minutes and sprinkle with cheese.
- Once the egg is mostly set, fold in half and cook for another 3-4 minutes flipping halfway.
- If desired, place the omelet into wrap.
Serving size: 1 wrap
Recipe yields: 1 serving