Name: Laura Vince Glorian
Weight: 205 lbs
Weight: 132 lbs
Why I Got Started
After looking at photos of me during a vacation with my husband, I felt gross about my body. I was also curious with the fat loss articles in the magazines.
I mentioned doing a fat loss diet to my husband and he encouraged me to go ahead with the plan, I started buying a large variety of fitness magazines in the market and started educating myself about nutrition and training. In order to look and feel good about myself, I decided to do a complete transformation of myself after struggling with being overweight since I was a child.
How I Did It
I started my transformation in November 2007 and it took me around 8 months to get to where I am today. Although before I started dieting, I knew that exercising was one of the secrets to a healthy lifestyle and a fabulous body, but I just couldn't be bothered. I was already satisfied with what I had in my life.
After evaluating my daily diet, I finally came up with a strict diet and signed up for a gym membership. I was trying to eat as 'clean' as possible for the first few weeks, it was really tough not to binge. Through the first few weeks, I felt so much tighter and had gone down a couple of pounds.
It was then that I became driven to do my best for a complete change to my body. Healthy eating and training is now part of my life. I won't even skip a workout unless I've fallen ill, that is how determined I am.
Day 1: Chest
- Bench Press: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Incline Bench Press: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Flat Dumbbell Flyes: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Front Dumbbell Raises: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Side Lateral Raises: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Preacher Curls: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Barbell Curls: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Lat Pulldown: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Seated Cable Rows: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Bent Over Barbell Rows: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Triceps Pushdowns: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Seated Triceps Press: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Wide Stance Squats: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Leg Extensions: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Hamstring Curls: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Standing Calf Raises: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
Day 2: Shoulders & Biceps
Day 3: Back & Triceps
Day 4: Legs & Calves
Suggestions For Others
Believing in oneself and having a positive mind is what will keep one going to achieve their goals. I'm proud of my achievement and thankful to my husband who has constantly believed in me and supported me. As a saying goes - "It takes two hands to clap!"