Weight: 160 lbs
Body Fat: 36%
Weight: 124 lbs
Body Fat: 18%
Why I Got Started
I started my lifestyle change about 1 year ago. Two years after our son was born, I still had my baby weight to lose and being a stay-at-home mom, I felt I needed a break. I used to get so mad at my husband for coming home late because of his workouts. I was jealous that he took the time to workout and take care of himself. I kept wondering, "Where is my time?"
So one day I decided that when he got home I would go workout and leave him with the baby. I didn't have access to a gym, but I had a treadmill and some dumbbells. After that first workout I was hooked! I finally understood why he always wanted to workout!
Click Image To Enlarge.
I Still Had My Baby Weight To Lose And Being A
Stay At Home Mom, I Felt I Needed A Break.
How I Did It
I worked out for about six months but I only noticed a little change in they way I looked. I sure felt healthier until I looked at the scale! I hit a major plateau and was very discouraged, almost to a point of quitting.
Then I read something that changed everything, "You can't see the results from your workouts without eating clean!" And that did it! I broke through that plateau! I started recording everything that went in my mouth. I added up calories, saturated fat, carbs, protein, and fiber. Absolutely zero trans fats or high fructose corn syrup!
I could see my fat rapidly melting away and start seeing all that muscle I had been building. Then spring came and my husband and I grew our own organic vegetables in our backyard. Eating lean meat and home grown fresh vegetables is laying a great foundation for healthy eating for our 3-year-old son. He says he loves zucchini and squash! (That makes it all worth it!)
Day 1: Chest And Triceps
- Bench Press: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Incline Bench Press: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Dumbbell Flyes: 2 sets of 12 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Flyes: 2 sets of 12 reps
- Bench Dips: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Skullcrushers: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Bent Over Barbell Rows: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Reverse Grip Bent Over Rows: 3 sets of 12 reps
- T-Bar Row: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Deadlifts: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Hammer Curls: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Preacher Curls: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Leg Extensions: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Leg Curls: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Barbell Squats: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Romanian Deadlifts: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Dumbbell Lunges: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Lateral Raises: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Rear Delt Raise: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Upright Barbell Row: 3 sets of 12 reps
Day 2: Back And Biceps
Day 3: Rest
Day 4: Legs
Day 5: Shoulders
Suggestions For Others
I made a vision board. I got out all my magazines, cut out the pictures of women I wanted to look like, pictures of clothes I wanted to wear, and inspirational words or quotes and pasted them all on a project board I bought from the school supply section at the store.