Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417

Brandi Swystun Shed 33 Pounds And Overcame Her Eating Disorder!

Toward the end of high school, Brandi developed an eating disorder, which left her overweight and unhealthy. Read on to learn how she changed everything by shedding 33 pounds right here!

Before Before:
185 lbs
After After:
152 lbs

Vital Stats

Name: Brandi Swystun

185 lbs
Waist: 34"
Hips: 44"

Age: 24
152 lbs
Waist: 28"
Hips: 37"

Why I Got Started

I was always an active person who thrived when exercising regularly. I started early in high school, but had no idea regarding the proper mechanics of eating. I lost weight but it was not the correct, or healthy way, as I was exercising a lot and eating little.

Toward the end of high school I began to eat unhealthy and gained weight but still maintained exercising. After high school and during college I struggled with the balance of diet and exercising, neglecting both and gaining even more weight.

I developed an eating disorder which included binge eating one day and starvation the next day which led to an influxion of weight and in the end weight gain that kept creeping up.

Towards The End Of High School I Began To Eat Unhealthy And Gained Weight.
Enlarge Click Image To Enlarge.
Towards The End Of High School I Began
To Eat Unhealthy And Gained Weight.

Finally, after 6 years I was fed up with myself and decided that I needed a goal that would keep me on track with diet and exercise and help me to kick my eating disorder.

I was introduced to a trainer of a gym in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, who had previously competed in bodybuilding and won his class, and he took me on and provided me with proper diet and workout programs.

I was honest with him about my problem with food and he confided in me that he was a former addict and was able to counsel me on a lot of important issues. It wasn't too long that my body began to change.

I was surprised because I was eating lots of good, healthy food, often and not being starved, and I was leaning out! I began to stop weighing myself and focused on the musculature I was developing, and the body fat that I was losing.

How I Did It

I kept journals every day that said what I ate and what I would do for workouts. I measured myself once a week and weighed myself once every two weeks. I would send in my progress to my trainer and he would comment/make changes and suggestions on things that I could do.

I struggled with motivation from time to time but I would keep reminding myself why I was doing it and that this was a better way of life for me. When I work out and eat healthy I feel more confident, I like the way I look, I have more energy, and I want to do more things in life.

I Like The Way I Look, I Have More Energy, And I Want To Do More Things In Life.
Enlarge Click Image To Enlarge.
I Like The Way I Look, I Have More Energy,
And I Want To Do More Things In Life.



Meal 1:

Meal 2:

Meal 3:

Meal 4:

Meal 5:

Meal 6:


Monday: Chest And Abs

Tuesday: Back And Abs

Wednesday: Legs

Thursday: Shoulders And Abs

Friday: Arms

Saturday: Cardio

Suggestions For Others

Never give up! If you fail, get back up and try again. Always tell yourself that you can do it. Hiring a trainer is helpful as it makes you accountable to someone else, other than yourself, and provides you with helpful information and guidance to be successful but in the end the person who makes the goal of success is you.

Also, the only reason my workouts were so intense was because I did not diet successfully everyday. Diet is worth 80% of success and training the other 20%. Use the "KISS" principle: Keep It Simple Stupid.

You don't have to spend hours in the gym to be successful; you mostly have to discipline yourself in the diet department. If you are hungry, fill up on as much fresh vegetables as you want, and drink lots and lots of water!

Always Tell Yourself That You Can Do It.
Enlarge Click Image To Enlarge.
Always Tell Yourself That
You Can Do It.

If you were like me, or found that you used food to make yourself feel better, do seek out help if necessary. Do not be ashamed in this as it takes a stronger person to own up to a problem as opposed to being naÏve and not owning up to it.