Transformed: Week 3, Day 21 - Rest
On this rest and recovery day, Chef Patrick Stark is back again with a quick recipe that makes for a perfect healthy snack or a memorable party treat. Enjoy!
Chef Patrick Stark says he's never met anyone who didn't love his Avocado Bombs. These little veggie wonders are a perfect blend of textures and flavors: crispy cucumber, creamy avocado, tart cherry tomatoes, and a little balsamic vinegar to bring it all together. They're an ideal guilt-free snack when you're transforming, but you can also feed them to any guest without fear of them being dismissed as "health food."
If for no other reason, watch this video to see how this professional chef preps an avocado-an essential skill for all of us to know!
Dymatize Kitchen Hack Cucumber Avocado Snack
Watch the video - 4:41
Patrick Stark's Avocado Bombs
Golden cherry tomatoes: 1/4 cup
Almonds: 2 tbsp
Mrs. Dash or other seasoning: 1 pinch
Black pepper: 1 pinch
Balsamic vinegar: 1 tbsp
Honey: 1 tsp
Basil leaves: to garnish
- Trim off the cucumber's ends and discard them. Peel alternating stripes off of the cucumber's skin, so that it resembles casino chips when sliced. Slice the cucumber and arrange on a plate.
- Dice the avocado and cut the tomatoes into halves or quarters, depending on size.
- Crush the almonds in a bag using the back of a knife, and add them to the avocado-tomato mixture in a bowl. Add the pepper, vinegar, and honey, and stir gently.
- Arrange the mixture on the cucumber slices. Slice basil finely and arrange on top of slices.
* Ratings as of article's date of publication