Video Article: Dorian Yates - Blood And Guts, Dorian's Tips
Listen to what Dorian Yates has to say about lifting intelligently, using your time efficiently & getting the most out of nutrition and supplementation.
Main | Chest & Biceps | Back | Tips | Delts & Triceps | Legs
Don't be the guy in the gym that doesn't have a clue. Proper weight training requires more than grunts and gloves, so listen to what Dorian Yates, 6-time Mr. Olympia, has to say about lifting intelligently, using your time efficiently, and getting the most out of nutrition and supplementation. Get ready to conquer the gym with a hardcore battle strategy.
Dorian Yates' Blood And Guts, Episode 3: Bodybuilding Tips
Watch the video: 15:24
Workout Split And Recovery
- Rest - Be flexible. Take a day off if you need it.
- Lifting is the weakest phase of the movement.
- Static is the strongest phase of the movement.
- Negative movement is the most important part of the rep.
- More muscle damage occurs during negative movement.
- When positive has failed negative still has strength.
- 25-30 min moderate pace 3 times a week.
- Helps you recover quicker.
- Do cardio away from weight training.
Machine Vs. Free Weights
- Free weights adapt movement for your body.
- Machine helps isolate muscle.
- Machine helps control extra negatives.
- True failure is hard to achieve without a spotter.
- Choose training partner with the same goals.
Nutrition And Supplementation
- To gain muscle 1.5 g protein per pound of body weight daily.
- Eat 5-6 small meals a day.
- Multiply protein intake by 1.5-2 for carb intake.
- Fats improve strength performance.
- Mix a few egg yolks with whites.
- Eat only lean beef.
- Ingest simple sugar right after training.
- Take care of injuries before they get worse.
- Scar tissue is not flexible and may tear again.
- Get deep tissue massages regularly.
- Visit a chiropractor frequently.
- Keep a workout and nutrition journal.
- Make short term and long term goals.
- Writing down goals makes them more powerful.
- Work to beat yourself every workout.
- Know workout before entering the gym.