Help! Emergency! My figure needs to look good as possible in a short amount of time. Do you have any quick tricks you use?
Yes, there are things you can do to crash your physique into emergency shape.
Warning! This is for emergencies only and not to be thought of as a lifestyle program. As always, Get a check up from your doctor and use common sense before you start anything new.
I have often had to pull my physique together with very short notice. This happens to us all for one reason or other at some point in our busy lives, we let our program slide and something comes up where we want to look more fit. Thank goodness for muscle memory! If you have been any reasonable shape in recent memory, you can convince your body to rise to a special occasion. The trick for me is not to get to far away from where I need to be. If you are 10 - 15 pounds away from your "happy" weight, trying this will probably not really work for you at this point.
This emergency program is not easy; it requires some work on your part. Although no one can expect to be perfect, try your best to hit as many of these next points as possible. You will be amazed at what you can accomplish. The most important thing is to make sure you eat. Not eating is not the way to crash. You don't want to mess up your metabolism or there will be weight gain trouble to pay later. It is not healthy to prolong these programs so do not try. Get back on track after your function so this won't be necessary next time. Remember, this is for emergencies only.
Let's say you have 7 - 14 days.
- Since I tend to drift from drinking enough water, I start drinking at least 10 cups a day right away. The last 3 - 4 days while drinking herbal, diuretic tea, I cut my water in half.
- Get in 1 hour of cardio each day at low-middle intensity.
- Every day, do a full body workout with light-weights, alternating two different programs. Do your abdominals every day.
- If I can't get to the gym, I'll do a circuit workout at home. I start with; 15 deep squats, 20 forward lunges, 15 pushups and 25 sit-ups. I repeat this circuit 4 times through.
- Take a fat burner 3 times a day. I use Xenadrine. Make sure you read your labels and monitor the way you feel if you are new to fat burners.
- Do not eat after 6:00 PM.
- Eat clean staying away from gaseous foods such as cabbage, onions, broccoli, cooked tomatoes, beans, wheat, fruit and dairy products.
- Eat 4-5 meals a day slightly smaller than my normal servings. Go easy on the condiments. For the last three days during the diuretic phase, omit any high salt food, condiments and drink distilled water.
- Drink herbal diuretic tea for the last three days before my target date. I find a dandelion root based tea from the natural food store. Another good one a lot of my friends have used with success is a product called Super Dieters Tea. This one does not sit well in my digestive track, which reminds me to warn you to be watchful of any ill affects of any new product you try. There are lots to choose from if one does not work out. Another good product is Absolute Nutrition Watershed from Bodybuilding.com. The flushing properties of any diuretic only lasts for around 3 - 6 days depending on your system. After this our bodies realize what is happening. It starts to try to reverse the process and retain water instead. Do not take diuretics all of the time! They will loose their effectiveness.
- Take a multi vitamin with minerals. You loose a lot of minerals through taking diuretics.
- Take an Epsom salt bath for the last two nights (naturally draws excess water from the tissues that cause bloating).
- Paint on a body and face bronzer. A tanned body appears more fit and trim.
- Get a facial. The healthy glow makes a big difference.
- Men often look pounds lighter and more fit in swimsuit situations if they remove excess body hair (for some, this takes real commitment).
- Don't forget to center yourself. Serenity, gratitude and love of life are really the great beautifiers.
There you have my emergency fit kit. After you see these results, it will be a certain kick-start for you to pay more consistent attention to your healthy lifestyle program.